Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Page 85-Merry Late Thanksgiving

I would like to say I have pretty worn shoes. So I would like to suggest some clean socks for this brief journey today.


Back in November when the world was celebrating turkey, bloated, crazy family time day, I was packing my things looking for a place to lay my head. Never would I imagine that this would ever apply to me and my family. As the bombshell of life and the decisions that lead to this event smacked me in the face I was in a daze and in this daze I had peace. I had the kind of calmness that was very unnatural. I started to accumulate a list in my head of everything I was thankful for. First and for most I was thankful I could think. I could breath on my own, I could walk on my own. I could use my hands, I could hear the world. I could hear my thoughts. I could see my wife and children before me. I had clothes, I had food for me and my family. I had a vehicle. I was thankful for this god awful experience of being without a home. I was thankful for my depression. I was thankful for the incredible amount of stress this event was producing. I was thankful for the pain. I was thankful for all the struggles I had collected in this last year. I was thankful for the good and bad times in my marriage, in my relationship with my kids. I was thankful that these good and bad things were happening cause it was and is for my benefit. When I will overcome these trying episodes in my life I will be better than ever. Stronger and wiser than ever. Nobody say learning isn't painful or a struggle. How can you learn if you don't fail Growing pains and trust me they are pains that hurt a lot. So here is 3 days before Christmas and I don't have a dime to my name, my kids are living elsewhere and my wife is elsewhere to. I am alone in this house with me and my thoughts and my many things to be thankful about. I have no idea how this will right itself but it always does. Things always come to a head cause life continues and stops for no one. I guess if you are reading this be thankful for what you have cause there will always be someone out there in worse shape. That's one of the few comforts I take to me to bed every night, cause I could always be taking a couple of steps in those person's shoes.

I'm out of steam and have a pounding headache. Thank you for your time cause its the most precious gift we carry. So please spray the shoes and return them where you found them. I have many steps that await me. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment