Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Page 73-Pain the foundation of everything

I would like to say I have pretty worn shoes. So I would like to suggest some clean socks for this brief journey today.

foundation
noun
1. the act of founding, especially the establishment of an institution with provisions for future provisions.
2. the basis on which a thing stands, is founded or is supported


I am in bit of a mood today. Reality is raining down on me and I knew it was a matter of time before I got soaked. When I was in church on Sunday morning the preacher had a very interesting sermon on the foundation of things. Yeah I said church. Not in a million years did I ever think the phrase I went to church would appear on anything that was attached to me.  He said that to have a proper foundation and have something to weather the storm life is going to bring, one has to do a lot of work that goes unnoticed. He came up with the analogy of two men building a house. The man on the left built the foundation of his house on sand cause it was easier. The man on the right started digging underground before even laying the foundation. The man on the left builds his framework, gets his walls up and before you know it has his house almost built. The man on the right is still working on securing his foundation. The man on the left is done with his house. He looks down at the man on the right and laughs at his slow progress. The man on the left is proud as his house stands tall and finished. The man on the right has this finished housed constantly looming over him as he digs and digs to secure his foundation. There comes a time when the man on the right finally finishes his house. The man on the left by this time has thrown a couple of parties and been the talk of the town on his amazing house and the record time it was built. The man on the right house's isn't as fancy but its a roof over his head, a place he can lay his head and call home. The next day a storm of epic portion comes and falls upon both houses. The man on the left house trembles and shakes and eventually collapses upon itself. The man on the right house bends but does not break. The man on the left could no longer look down at the man on the right's house. As fast as it went up, it came tumbling down.
In life we want the glory and adoration of the rewards life has to offer. We don't want to do the work. I don't wan't to do the leg work. We condition ourselves to this sense of entitlement. I deserve to be famous, I deserve to be rich. We envy those who have succeeded in life and we don't think for a second about the risk or struggle they have endure. We don't think about the amount of failure they have had to be paid and the strength of their faith to continue in what they believe. This applies to yours truly. I would love to be able to wake up one day come on here and see that a million people have looked at what I wrote. The fame and fortune it would bring to my life and family.  The minute some ridiculous idea like that pops up in my head I put my two feet on the floor and come back to earth. Its the struggle that builds your character. Its the struggle people identify with. Its the struggle that teach the tools you need to be successful in life. Its the struggles in life that make you the Juggernaut you are in life. It makes you. In order to build muscle that defines strength you must break it so it can mend not to break. So it can heal and be this force to be reckon with. Unfortunately I have to apply this way of thinking to my life at the moment. I must practice what I am attempting to preach on here. I must practice cause I believe in it as well. 
My life is at crossroad of sorts. I have made a leap of faith and have taken a road I have yet not traveled in my life. I have removed myself from all I know and I am venturing out. I have left my safety net. I have done this so I can have a different perspective at the challenges life throws at me. Whatever I was doing before wasn't working. Extraordinary moments require extraordinary measures. When you have faith in something that looks broken to the world and you grasps it knowing what's broken is going to cut you its scary. Even more so if the cuts are deep and you start to bleed out and not having someone waiting with a band aid. 
I am at point with my situation where past demons have presented themselves. They have come to torment and tempt me to fail and fall from the difficult progress I have made. In order to succeed we must learn from our failures and not repeat them. It is so easy when things are good to say I know there are going to be bad times and not think twice about that statement. My god when the time come to face those bad times it literally takes everything in me not to fall of the wagon and go back to the negativity that lead me nowhere. I really don' t want to get into the details to much about exactly what conflict I am having at the moment. I have someone else that I have to think about. Its just not me no more so I have to be very careful in what I share from time to time. It comes with the package when you share your life someone. All  I want to say is that its not a sprint. Its a fucking marathon and my god is fucking overwhelming at times. But my eye is on the prize. My eye is that finish line and have the satisfaction of knowing that we beat the odds and that the struggle made me strong, better, more loving and the Juggernaut I know I am. We all make mistakes,have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But we are not our mistakes, we are not our struggles. We are here today with the power  and ability to shape our lives and our future.Love one another cause there is no promise that we will have the opportunity to do it tomorrow. 

"Be to her virtues very kind. Be to her faults a little blind."

- Matthew Prior 

I'm out of steam and have a pounding headache. Thank you for your time cause its the most precious gift we carry.So please spray the shoes and return them where you found them.I have many steps that await me.Goodnight


No comments:

Post a Comment