Sunday, May 19, 2013

page -Sunday morning coming down

I would like to start by saying I have pretty worn out shoes. So I would suggest some clean socks for this brief journey.

Biscuits, skittles and camasauls. These 3 things have defined my day sadly enough. Let me explain to the best of my abilities.  I woke up on this Sunday morning to  an empty house and an empty soul. Kids where at church and I'm still searching for this person Richie. Not having much luck with that lately. I'm instantly ravenous and wanted to maul some poor animal, by throat punching it and feeding on it while its dazed.
I opted for eggs, bacon, and biscuits. I hyper focus on the biscuits cause its the same kind she cooked for me like 2 months ago. I know, I know I should be throat punched for even thinking it. Call the who gives a shit police. I've heard it all and yet my pattern remains the same. I have a flashback to that day feeling so blessed that I had someone I loved making me breakfast. I have learned to appreciate the smallest things in life cause in one moment its all gone. All gone and here I sit in this dark room, on these dirty sheets we last became one thinking about fucking biscuits.
Phase two of my day goes as follows. So I was back in the pit of despair, my room, playing some Xbox. I decided to go for a walk cause I needed to see some sunlight, so I go to look for a shirt and found a damn blue camasaul. What are the odds that today out of all days this stupid camasaul jumped out and attacked my eyes. Now the second flashback of the day. With it being Sunday I'm thrown back to the day she left. On top of that being bad enough, I relived the day my body experienced its first nervous breakdown.it was the most awful day of my life.I think its only about 1:30 at this point of the day.
Phase three is the delicious, sweet, and mouth watering skittles. Even something so good can be ruined by a bad memory. So I go to take my kids,  against my will mine you to the pool.  Don't get me wrong I love my kids but today was a bad day and I didn't want to take it out on them. On the way there it starts pouring and to my delight no pool for today. Calk me a bad dad if you want I'm being honest. So I did feel bad cause there little hearts were so deflated, so my answer to that was shower them with sugar.  So at the checkout I saw my old friend skittles. She use to feed me the green ones, and the purple ones and actually any colored ones I wanted. I guess it was another little thing I didn't take for granted. Just like the smile on my kids face when the words ice cream melted out of my mouth.
I'll leave you with theses words.

I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad
So I had one more for dessert
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt
Then I washed my face and combed my hair
Stumbled down the stairs to meet the day
I'd smoked my mind the night before
With cigarettes and songs that I'd been pickin'
But I lit my first and watched a small boy at a can that he'd been kicking
I crossed the empty street
Caught the Sunday smell of someone fryin' chicken
And it took me back to somethin'
That I'd lost somewhere, somehow along the way
On a Sunday morning sidewalk
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned'
Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone
And there ain't nothin' short of dyin
'Half as lonesome as the sound
Of a sleepin' city sidewalk
Sunday mornin' comin' down
In the park, I saw a daddy
With a laughin' little girl who he was swingin'
And I stopped beside a Sunday school
Listened to the songs that they were singin'
I headed down the road
Somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringin'
And it echoed through the canyons
Like a disappearing dream of yesterday
On a Sunday morning sidewalk
Oh, I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned'
Cause there's something about a Sunday
That'll make your body feel alone
And there ain't nothin' short of dyin'
Half as lonesome as the sound
Of a sleepin' city sidewalk
Sunday mornin' comin' down
JOHNNY CASH - SUNDAY MORNING COMING DOWN LYRICS 

I'm out of steam and have a pounding headache. Thank you for your time cause its the most precious gift we carry.So please spray the shoes and return them where you found them.I have many steps that await me.Goodnight. 



1 comment: